1/35 Scale British 1940’s Type 22 Pill box
4 in stock
Homefront is figure range from us here at Fields of Glory models, masters sculpted from many sources to ensure diverse look and style of the range. We plan to concentrate on those hard to find and often over looked subjects to help offer variety to the model maker.
This measures 110mm AF (Across the Flats) and 58mm high.
About the Type 22 pillbox –
- Official designation: fw3/22
- Shape: hexagonal
- Walls are around 12″- 24″ thick
- Internal measurement between opposite walls is around 10ft
- Usually (but not always) rifle loops in five of the six walls and an entrance in the sixth.
- A small L shaped blast wall can some times be found protecting entrance.
One of the areas for most variation will be found in the shape of the Loopholes and the internal provision of weapon rests. There appears to be no hard and fast rules but the norm for the Type 22 Pillbox, essentially designed for use by riflemen, is to have Loops splayed to the outside. Some of these Loops are sometimes found to be complete pre-fabricated units anything up to two feet square (60 x 60cm) simply inserted into the framework. In other cases the splay is formed by bricks or by shuttering giving a concrete Loophole; often both will have a pre-formed concrete lintel, and some have projecting sills.